Facebook Google+ Twitter
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TVCatchup voted as the 'best app ever'

Default TVCatchup voted as the 'best app ever'

We are pleased to announce that TVCatchup have been voted as the 'best app ever' in a poll run by Tap! The iPhone and iPad magazine.

The top 10, as chosen by readers and the public was:

1. TVCatchup (GZero)
    2. Tweetbot (Tapbots)
    3. 1Password Pro (AgileBits)
    4. Jetpack Joyride (Halfbrick Studios)
    5. Clear (Realmac Software)
    6. Dropbox (Dropbox Inc)
    7. TuneIn Radio (TuneIn)
    8. Instagram (Burbn)
    9. Hero Academy (Robot Entertainment)
    10. Skype (Skype Communications)

Speaking on the reader choice, Christopher Phin, Editor of Tap! magazine, says:

“Celebrating something so apparently old-fashioned as broadcast television might seem odd for such hugely innovative devices as the iPhone and iPad, but it actually makes perfect sense. Not only is TVCatchup a well-made and reliable app, it’s also a great example of how, by just adding an app, your iOS device can completely transformed into a sketchbook, a sat-nav, a piano or, in this case, a television.

“There were no surprises in the 10 most popular apps; I use Tweetbot dozens of times a day, Clear is a beautiful, simple reimagining of the to-do list, and everyone at Tap! is still hopelessly, cripplingly addicted to Hero Academy.”

Bruce Pilley, spokesperson for TVCatchup, adds:

“Being voted as the ultimate app of all time is the greatest reward possible for so many people who have worked miracles to develop TV Catchup. It is even more encouraging to know that the vote has come from the informed and discerning readers of Tap!, who have been overwhelming in their support.

“It has been a long and challenging road for all of us at TV Catchup; we pioneered new technology to bring live TV to iPhones, Android, tablets and PCs, but we now know that we have a service that’s second to none. We won’t stop there, though. We will continue to listen to our marketplace and further develop TV Catchup to meet the needs of our valued users.”

You can now buy your copy of 'Tap! The iPhone and iPad magazine' from inside the free container app at http://tapm.ag/appedition. Also you might wish to follow the Tap! team on Twitter and Facebook - @tapmaguk
    Last edited by stuart08; 04-09-2012 at 08:09 PM.

This is not just a "App of the Day" but ..... "Best App Ever".

This is just iPhone, now we have our Android App out. Pretty much "Best App Ever, Ever."

Beating to #1 Dropbox, Skype and Instagram to name a few.
    Adam H
    " You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment. "

Admin & TVCatchup Staff TVC_Colwal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TVC_H4U View Post
    This is not just a "App of the Day" but ..... "Best App Ever".

This is just iPhone, now we have our Android App out. Pretty much "Best App Ever, Ever."

Beating to #1 Dropbox, Skype and Instagram to name a few.
    Yep and by such a huge margin I heard - it was something like TVCatchup snagged a whopping 40% of the vote.
    Tell us why you use TVCatchup and how? http://alturl.com/f88tv
    ☑ Saddam Hussein ☑ Osama Bin Laden ☑Muammar Gaddafi ☐ Bashar al-Assad ☐ JustinBieber ☐ One Direction ☑ JLS

Great,cheers!...I've never had any doubt about :-)
    FreeIPTVforFreePeople

Strangely enough it makes an even better telly on the telly!

I use TVCatchup in XBMC on my Apple TV2 because it offers a different selection of channels than Freeview and is the only way I can access Film4+1 on the TV since it was removed from the Freeview roster.

Congratulations guys! Thoroughly well deserved!

I love tvcatchup

Quote Originally Posted by Shayandoust View Post
    I love tvcatchup
    Thanks - we love and value our members too!

Default Fantastic Ap

Fantastic App Best ever in my opinion just want to see more of the free sky channels and then I will be in utopia :-) Maybe a few sci-channels and Horror channels I know I am Greedy Well done TVCatchUp your the tops in my book!

Default microsoft !!

well , well , its fab, skype is fab , when will microsoft buy it ?

+ Reply to Thread