Facebook Google+ Twitter
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Windows Phone 8 App Released

Admin & TVCatchup Staff TVC_Colwal's Avatar

Default Windows Phone 8 App Released

TVCatchup is proud to announce that today we have just released our next app, Windows 8 Phone.

Working together with Microsoft GZero have released the first version with many cool features, bang on schedule as well, congratulations to all involved.
    • Create your own personal channel list by pinning channels to the start page to directly watch that channel when selected.
    • Use voice commands to start TVCatchup and go straight to a channel or a channel’s programme guide. Try the commands “TV watch Channel 4” or “TV what's on 5 USA +1”.
    • Interactive programme guide features, TVCatchup delivers the full television experience. The programme guide allows you to explore what's coming up.
    • Additional information about programmes such as programme titles, synopsis, episode titles and series numbers will be shown where available.

This is just the first release and there will be many more features to come.
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/st...5-ee04c3253653
    Tell us why you use TVCatchup and how? http://alturl.com/f88tv
    ☑ Saddam Hussein ☑ Osama Bin Laden ☑Muammar Gaddafi ☐ Bashar al-Assad ☐ JustinBieber ☐ One Direction ☑ JLS

The app doesn't load on Nokia Lumia 820's once installed. The TvCatchup logo appears and then the app just shuts down.

I did offer to Beta test both on the forum and through email very soon after Lego posted on twitter, however I wasn't graced with the acknowledgement of a reply; it seems the priority was more towards giving friends a try over focusing on the compatibility of devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Superious View Post
    The app doesn't load on Nokia Lumia 820's once installed. The TvCatchup logo appears and then the app just shuts down.

I did offer to Beta test both on the forum and through email very soon after Lego posted on twitter, however I wasn't graced with the acknowledgement of a reply; it seems the priority was more towards giving friends a try over focusing on the compatibility of devices.
    No it wasn't 'friends' and that is a bit of of a sour tone in your post, it was more that you emailed me one day before we submitted so there was little point including you as it takes 24hrs to upload the email to the beta testing link - we did however test it on many Nokia 820's as well as many other versions of windows 8 phone and it worked fine. (I do not know any of them personally, the same as I do not know you)
    It seems at the moment that it is more to do with the portico update which people haven't uploaded as those that do have it then it works fine for them.
    If you want me to add you to the future testing then I will, up to you
    ☑ Saddam Hussein ☑ Osama Bin Laden ☑Muammar Gaddafi ☐ Bashar al-Assad ☐ JustinBieber ☐ One Direction ☑ JLS

I have Portico in the UK on T-Mobile, "unlocked" Lumia 920. Works fine and thanks for developing it. It's one of 2 apps I've been missing on WP8.

TVCatcup on Windows 8 Phone...

Quote Originally Posted by TVC_Colwal View Post
    No it wasn't 'friends' and that is a touch of a sour tone in your post, it was more that you emailed me one day before we submitted so there was little point including you - we did however test it on many Nokia 820's as well as many other versions of windows 8 phone and it worked fine. (personally I do not know any of them personally, the same as I do not know you)
    It seems at the moment that it is more to do with the portico update which people haven't uploaded as those that do have it then it works fine for them.
    If you want me to add you to the future testing then I will, up to you
    Thank you for the reply.

I emailed very soon after Lego put the message on twitter. A response would have been reassuring if it was the case about no longer requiring testers for Windows Phone 8.

It may be due to a change in the code from the Beta to the final product if many Nokia Lumia 820 devices were tested. The portico update is not available for the vast majority of Nokia Lumia 820 devices in the UK, so the issue is likely to be new.

I wish the TvCatchup team the best of luck for resolving the problem.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Superious View Post
    Thank you for the reply.

I emailed very soon after Lego put the message on twitter. A response would have been reassuring if it was the case about no longer requiring testers for Windows Phone 8.

It may be due to a change in the code from the Beta to the final product if many Nokia Lumia 820 devices were tested. The portico update is not available for the vast majority of Nokia Lumia 820 devices in the UK, so the issue is likely to be new.

I wish the TvCatchup team the best of luck for resolving the problem.
    Hi Superious,

ooohhh noooo, said the lemmings game !!!

We was running a very tight schedule, and like TVC_Colwal states, each beta release was a 24hour cycle, and once submitted we can not change the permissions till next.

All is not lost if you want to be included on the next round. Your more than welcome. In the mean time, make sure you have un install all versions on the application, power down and re install from the app store.
    We have people in the field of which the application seems to be behaving fine.

BR

Lego

Not working on my 820 either. As someone else said, the logo comes up then it shuts down. Is portico even being rolled out in the UK yet? Shame it isn't working, been waiting for this app.

Quote Originally Posted by alonzo-ny View Post
    Is portico even being rolled out in the UK yet? .
    According to this yes it is:
    UK: Portico available on EE

+ Reply to Thread