TVCatchup's Football Prediction
Everybody can play and this year we will give away fabulous prizes in the following categories:
- Overall Winner 1st .Prize
- Second Place...2nd Prize
- Third Place......3rd Prize
There maybe some additional prizes for the player if they predict the highest points in each league.
Here are the rules
Each player has to give three predictions for each league BEFORE the first scheduled matches of the whole week, which will run from Saturday to Saturday .
I will post the scheduled prediction choices one week before, so that will give you plenty of time to choose your predictions and they can be found in this thread.
Three score win predictions from *each league, no more, no less.
Each league is from:
- The English Premiership
- Scottish Premiership
- The Championship
- Division 1
- Division 2
For each league chose one of your 3 games as a * star perfect prediction as if this is correct, then the score will be doubled. This only apples to point 1. below:
- A perfect score win prediction (the winner AND the result) = 5 points.
- A good score win prediction (the winner) = 3 points.
- A good 'number of goal' prediction (if you predicted the team would win 2-0, and they eventually lose 2-3) = 1 point.
- A bad prediction = 0 point.
- Even if you made a prediction of 2-1 and it was a draw 1-1 this = 0 points, because the game is about predicting win scores.
Example: (Sorry to any Bolton fans)
I predict that Bolton Wanderers will beat Liverpool 3-0 lol (farcical)
- If they win 3-0, it's a perfect prediction, 5 points. (Coughs and splutters)
- If they win 2-1, it's a good prediction, 3 points. (Viable)
- If they lose 3-4, it's a good 'number of goal' prediction, 1 point.
- If they lose 0-1, it's a bad prediction, 0 point. (More realistic)
- If they draw 0-0 there are no points awarded as this is only for a score prediction.
Occasionally there will be a cancellation due to for example, snow or other reasons.
If there is reasonable time the member will be contacted and asked to make another choice, if the game is cancelled on the match day then the member will be awarded 1 point as compensation.
At any point in the season anyone can enter the game, and they will be given a score that is 5% below the last person who has played every round in the season.
The results will be posted on the TVC Games Site and we will hope to have these up and posted by Friday evening.
I hope that has covered it any problems or suggestions please pm me.
Full schedules for the season are below, please be aware that these may change.
Weekly predictions can be made here---> LINK