Facebook Google+ Twitter
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Removal of channels and addition of channels, October 2013

Admin & TVCatchup Staff TVC_Colwal's Avatar

Default Removal of channels and addition of channels, October 2013

TVCatchup is proud to have pioneered live TV distribution over the internet, having been in operation since 2006 and in regular use by a staggering 9.35M users

We enjoy excellent relationships with most of those whose content we carry, but this sadly hasn't proved to be the case with all of the public service broadcasters (PSBs). Whilst the outcome so far of the ensuing proceedings has been undeniably favourable to TVC, the rights that have been granted in the process entail certain responsibilities on our part. We pride ourselves in always working within the law, we accordingly felt it necessary to remove a certain amount of the channels to avoid perpetuating contention.

We will be introducing additional services (including HQ and new channels) on an ongoing basis, and hope to work with the broadcasters concerned to restore any channels that have been affected. We want to work together with all the broadcasters on acceptable terms, as our partners in bringing you the best selection of shows online, and to continue to deliver their content to the widest possible audience.

In the meantime we have provided direct links to their sites for your convenience, along with additional content for your enjoyment and are committed to improving choice and services for our valued users. We'll keep you informed of the progress of our efforts as events unfold but we are legally limited in what we can say. Please bear with us in the meantime.

Thank you for your continued support

FULL CHANNEL LIST

BBC ONE
    BBC TWO
    ITV1 (n3/4g)
    CHANNEL 4 (n3/4g)
    CHANNEL 5 (n3/4g)
    S4C
    BBC ONE SCOTLAND
    BBC ONE WALES
    BBC THREE
    BBC FOUR
    BBC ALBA
    ITV2 (R)
    ITV3 (R)
    ITV4 (R)
    E4 (R)
    MORE 4 (R)
    4 SEVEN (R)
    FIVE STAR (R)
    DAVE (R)
    QUEST
    YESTERDAY (R)
    REALLY (R)
    DOCUBOX
    THE COMMUNITY CHANNEL
    FASHION BOX
    FILM FOUR (R)
    CLUBBING TV
    BRITASIA
    VIVA
    FOUR MUSIC (R)
    VINTAGE TV
    360 TUNE BOX
    BBC NEWS
    BBC PARLIAMENT
    ALJAZERRA
    RUSSIA TODAY
    CCTV
    CBBC
    CBEEBIES
    CITV (R)
    FIGHTBOX
    BBC REDBUTTON
    SAIL TV
    QVC
    IDEAL WORLD
    IDEAL EXTRA
    CREATE CRAFT
    THE IDEAL CHANNEL

The channels with an (R) [11 in number] next to their name have a redirect to the broadcasters own channel.
    The redirect only applies to the TVC webplayer and not mobiles and tablets.

The channels with an (n3/4g) means no 3/4G on mobiles.

Yesterday, Dave, and Really have been temporarily removed whilst we negotiate their return, and the addition of more UKTV content, content that has been requested many times by our users. Please bare with us whilst we negotiate a better, brighter service for all our users
    Last edited by Belladonic; 23-10-2013 at 01:20 PM.
    Tell us why you use TVCatchup and how? http://alturl.com/f88tv
    ☑ Saddam Hussein ☑ Osama Bin Laden ☑Muammar Gaddafi ☐ Bashar al-Assad ☐ JustinBieber ☐ One Direction ☑ JLS

Exclamation Channels missing.

On 01/10/2013, 5* +1 went missing.
    Today, 02/10/2013, 5USA is missing.
    Is this temporary, or we are we going to lose these channels?
    I really luv these channels, watch them frequently and I think are among the best ones.
    It will be a shame if these are gone.
    Are more channels going to go off?

Nevertheless, thanks for the great work to the guys at TVCATCHUP for providing your services. Anything for free these days should really be appreciated.

Hopefully you also solve this problem.

Cheers!

My post's are rising :) redhawk's Avatar

I think this a temporary thing I couldn't imagine 5 USA being taking off air while the +1 service is still active.
    I often wonder why Clubbing TV is still being listed that channel has been off air for nearly 2 months solid now.

Richard S.
    Last edited by redhawk; 02-10-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Yes I've just discovered this. I hope it's temporary too because 5USA is a channel I watch regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by TVC_Colwal View Post
    TVCatchup is proud to have pioneered live TV distribution over the internet, having been in operation since 2006 and in regular use by a staggering 9.35M users

We enjoy excellent relationships with most of those whose content we carry, but this sadly hasn't proved to be the case with all of the public service broadcasters (PSBs). Whilst the outcome so far of the ensuing proceedings has been undeniably favourable to TVC, the rights that have been granted in the process entail certain responsibilities on our part. We pride ourselves in always working within the law, we accordingly felt it necessary to remove certain of the channels to avoid perpetuating contention.

We will be introducing additional services (including HQ and new channels) on an ongoing basis, and hope to work with the broadcasters concerned to restore any channels that have been affected. We want to work together with all the broadcasters on acceptable terms, as our partners in bringing you the best selection of shows online, and to continue to deliver their content to the widest possible audience.

In the meantime we have provided direct links to their sites for your convenience, along with additional content for your enjoyment and are committed to improving choice and services for our valued users. We'll keep you informed of the progress of our efforts as events unfold. Please bear with us in the meantime.

Thank you for your continued support
    Ahhh....I see the problem/s.... if I could swear here I would but I can't but it begins with B and ends with DS,. I appreciate you letting me know mate. Thanks... as always.
    Monk

Admin & TVCatchup Staff TVC_Colwal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monkit View Post
    Ahhh....I see the problem/s.... if I could swear here I would but I can't but it begins with B and ends with DS,. I appreciate you letting me know mate. Thanks... as always.
    You have been and always will be valued here my friend and we will always help you out
    Tell us why you use TVCatchup and how? http://alturl.com/f88tv
    ☑ Saddam Hussein ☑ Osama Bin Laden ☑Muammar Gaddafi ☐ Bashar al-Assad ☐ JustinBieber ☐ One Direction ☑ JLS

Default Nothing left

None of the channels I watch are available now. Despite the ITV 2 and 3 still showing on the guide, they are not available. E4 is showing, same thing (the +1's of aforementioned are gone now.) I will no longer be using TVC if this will be permanent. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLa View Post
    None of the channels I watch are available now. Despite the ITV 2 and 3 still showing on the guide, they are not available. E4 is showing, same thing (the +1's of aforementioned are gone now.) I will no longer be using TVC if this will be permanent. What a shame.
    We're sorry you feel that way and we hope that you will bear with us. We have to stand by this decision. Did you see this paragraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by TVC
    "When the debate is lost, SLANDER becomes the tool of the loser"

Default I will stay

it is my intention to stay on TVC its easier I cannot stand having to register with each and every channel I like the choice stay away channel 4 you will be replaced im sure by bigger and better
    I like to browse not have to log in each different channel

HI Belladonic (sorry, should have replied with quote) thanks for the reply and sorry, yes I did see it. Should have said I will be of course keeping an eye on things. Hope it can all be resolved. I'm sure you are just as unhappy with the situation.

+ Reply to Thread