Facebook Google+ Twitter
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Removal of channels and addition of channels, October 2013

Admin & TVCatchup Staff TVC_Colwal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delreaside View Post
    The sad fact is that TV catch up is where you will now miss your favourites shows the truth is at this point in time they have lost 99% of their most popular channels and any new channels will be poor and of strictly limited interest.
    With this ruling ITV and channel 4 and 5 have taken TV back to the dark ages when we now live in a world built on sharing and easy access to ourTV viewing, the great thing about this app is it allowed you to view your shows when you were out and about over 3g.
    Unless the channels can come together and see the modern need for a site like TV catch up then the internet and mobile internet will be lagging well behind what people expect or want and at this point TVC is more or less dead in the water,such a shame.
    I have said this many times this is not the end of anything and more of a temporary situation we really cannot say more than that at this present time.
    Tell us why you use TVCatchup and how? http://alturl.com/f88tv
    ☑ Saddam Hussein ☑ Osama Bin Laden ☑Muammar Gaddafi ☐ Bashar al-Assad ☐ JustinBieber ☐ One Direction ☑ JLS

Hi Colwal

Can you let us know what the High Court hearing on Monday is all about? Is this why the channels have been removed?
    I hope you are not going to have to remove the other channels too. I'm on holiday at the moment so can't watch TVC but when I'm at home I watch TVC on my mobile all the time.

Admin & TVCatchup Staff TVC_Colwal's Avatar

As stated, we wholly sympathise with everyone here, and the forthcoming hearing is concerned with legal procedural matters on which we cannot possibly be drawn to comment in a public forum. The situation is exactly as stated, there is no further news, all this speculation serves no purpose but to harm the situation.

We cannot possibly respond to speculation relating to an ongoing legal process, as such would be a wholesale contempt of that process. I'm sorry that this frustrates anybody, we will willingly provide you with a refund of what you have paid if it offends you that much.

Please do not make us shut this forum as that is the last thing we want to do.
    Tell us why you use TVCatchup and how? http://alturl.com/f88tv
    ☑ Saddam Hussein ☑ Osama Bin Laden ☑Muammar Gaddafi ☐ Bashar al-Assad ☐ JustinBieber ☐ One Direction ☑ JLS

As usual, its all about money i wud say, it's been a great service tvcatchup, and have used it for years, i for one am not gonna spit the dummy out at you guys, it's obviously not your fault, but i stand by your service, and continue to do so, some channels that are gone, we never used anyways, especially E4.

You have always done a great job, and people seem to forget this, i trust it will be sorted in the future guys!!!!

Thanks!
    I like pickled onion space raiders!!!

Thanks falafael. We continue to work to improve the service.
    "When the debate is lost, SLANDER becomes the tool of the loser"

Default Rip

RIP - you were the best and changed how normal people watched TV for the better

Certain companies through greed don't want you to make money from their content (which is all free but attached to their compulsory advertising) via your advertising that they cannot control.

I don't think we'll ever get back to TVC at its best

With the Tory greed and class based media censored country we have now it is hardly surprising the regime only want their vetted few to break out of poverty. (so glad you've added RT)

(ps please just remove the listings for the channels you cannot stream, if I wanted to sign up with each and every one I would, I choose to boycott those channels now)

TVC like many other entities will always face challenges and obstacles. We have stated our position and we cannot enter into discourse regarding where we are at or why. We continue to strive to provide the best service we can. Please bare with us during this necessary period, and we will deliver the best we can. Legally we cannot say further than that, as has been mentioned several times.

This is not RIP.
    "When the debate is lost, SLANDER becomes the tool of the loser"

@jamesmcgreggor I enjoy the premise of your Boycott!

Lets remember the Tory Creed is that of Capitalism and as all capitalist know they need to get the marketing message across an audience, by those few networks negative stance towards TVCatchup means they opt out (at their discretion) a regular audience by a staggering 9.35M users. The topic Why do you use TVCatchup shows the type of audience they do not want to see their Shows or Adverts.

The select few networks wrongly or rightly choose pre-roll adverts over their reach traditional linear advertisers. PPC instead of Advertisement Slots.
    Their are no winners in this situation, the networks are Cutting off the nose to spite the face in my opinion. Their advertisers suffer, their audience suffers and we shall too suffer in the short term from a decrease in variety.
    As 190 posts on this topic alone and when is in question, i feel the networks with strong leadership will chose in time to work with TVCatchup and its audience.

As Virgin showed when BskyB temporarily pulled its channels, you can still prosper and we shall do so too. What you see as TVCatchup, is not the same vision as our Engineers have for the service their is far more to come.

"RIP if you want too, this site is not for RIP'ing." ~Thatcher(ish)
    Adam H
    " You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment. "

Just trying to watch a bit of The Big Bang Theory live on E4 and the screen image even on small size on my LT is like the view thru the Hubble telescope before NASA gave it a monocle....

..your service before all this faff from the PSB's was pretty much crystal clear all the time on full screen .
    Thanks for several years of easy to use and convenient viewing TVC , I for one will still be here next week and into the future . looking forward to things getting worked out

cheers

Steve

Thumbs up Switch off all te channels I like

Hey I dont know about anyone else on the forums or viewers of TVCatchup.. I myself have freeview/sky/freesat etc but watch the channels through TVCatchup on my PC.

Loved it but recently all the good channels seem to have disappeared and welsh channels including others with no EPG info have appeared.

The channels are now arranged horribly.

Please please TVCatchup sort it out. Im not prepared to watch advertisements for channels I am not going to watch sadly.

It would be nice to get some feedback on this. Anyone else not happy with the recent changes?

Guess theres always watching through a box again :-(

+ Reply to Thread