Firstly, please ensure you have read our terms of service if you haven't already done so.
* Who's Who
* General Rules
* Posting Guidelines
Comment Policy: No hate speech allowed. If you must argue, please debate intelligently and bear in mind that we have our own sensitivities as well. Comments containing selected keywords or outbound links will be put into moderation to help prevent spam. TVC reserves the right to delete comments and ban anyone who doesn't follow the rules. We also reserve the right to modify any curse words in your comments and anything else that makes you look like an idiot. You are responsible for the content of your posts and TVCatchup.com does not accept any liability for the content or accuracy of your messages. TVCatchup.com reserves the right to republish any material you submit.
Who's Who On The Boards?
On the TVCatchup Forums, you will find a variety of people.
Admin & TVCatchup Staff are responsible for the administration and maintenance of the technical network and ensuring the smooth running of the site itself.
Moderators have roles specifically related to the message boards. They check that things are running smoothly, and make sure people are not breaking the rules. If a moderator tells you not to do something, then it's wise to heed their words. Moderators will usually make it clear when they are speaking officially. Administrators also have the power to moderate.
Normal Users are everyone else. That's you lot. You are here to have fun. You don't have to worry about the running of the site, and can just post away.
What are the general rules?
Here are the most basic rules for the board, which must be observed at all times:
- Everyone has a right to an opinion. If someone's opinion is not the same as yours, you don't have to agree with them but you do have to respect their choice.
- Spamming the boards in any context is forbidden. This includes offering hosting services or installation services, or any form of solicitation or simply repetitive spam word games. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed and in most cases banned.
- Help to protect TVCatchup. Members are asked to not disclose to any 3rd party, board, or list any vulnerabilities in TVCatchup before first notifying the developers. Please submit your information to the Moderating Team. A member who promotes any vulnerabilities will be given a warning and possible suspension of their account.
- A post represents the opinions of its author. This even applies to Mods and Admins, unless they specify otherwise.
- Stick within the law. The site is based and hosted in the United Kingdom. Don't post anything that contravenes the laws of the United Kingdom - anything that can be conceived as promoting, inciting or commending any form of illegal activity will be deleted from the forum without discussion, and the posters right to continue to post may be withdrawn.
- Accounts. One member, one account. Multiple logins through the same account will result in the account(s) being terminated. Households can login through the same I.P. but need to have a separate account for each user.
- Accounts (2). Membership of the forum is open to all, and is neither geographically restricted nor is a TV Licence required to use the forum. All are welcome.
- Accounts (3). Please take note that any offensive user names will result in the account being suspended and the user will be requested to make a new account.
- Signatures in images. If any images distract from the postings then the poster will be asked to remove it and if any signature is excessive in size you may be asked to resize it (or we may do it for you)
- Avatars. If any images distract from the postings or could be offensive to others, then the poster will be asked to remove it or it will be done as a matter of course
- Moderators and Administrators have the right to do whatever they see fit to your user account. This includes banning you, suspending you, limiting your ability to post in the forum, deleting your account and editing your posts to remove unwanted, provocative, flaming, repetitive or inflammatory content. Live with it.
- Reporting a post. Please use the "post report" button under the members name to report any post that contravenes these rules. Please do not respond to the post yourself.
- Posts/threads get edited or deleted. If the subject is a duplication of another post or thread, is rude, provocative, offensive, sexist, or just plain boring, then the poster will be informed and the post maybe removed. If possible, posters should avoid discussing religious, racial, or very personal subjects. Admin and moderators have the right to delete or edit posts that relate to religious or personal lives of forum members.
- Don't feed the trolls. Some people just want to annoy others, don't give them the satisfaction or yourself the disservice of biting. If it annoys you that much, just report the post to use using the appropriate button, and we know just how to handle the situation.
- Intentional hijacking of forum threads is strictly prohibited. Hijacking a thread is a bit like having a drunken, boorish person interrupt a coffee morning in a local cafť. It is really bad manners; it usually upsets the people who were already there and it is very difficult to deal with trying to sort out an issue.
- Do not attempt to bypass a ban. Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes re-registering under a different username, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban or registering a new email account to evade an email ban.
When making a post, remember these:
- Use an informative subject. Subjects should give a clue as to what a thread is about. They should not be IN ALL CAPS or say things like "Click Here!!!".
- Post on the correct board. See the board descriptions on the forum index to find out which one is correct. Posts made on an incorrect board will be moved by the Mods.
- Try to write in English please. Even if English is not your first language, please help us to understand your post.
- Write in correct English. No txtspeak please! We don't mind common net abbreviations such as LOL, and we don't demand precision typing skills, but abbreviations such as 'u' or 'l8r' are immature and detract from the content of your message.
- Work-safe images. Many people browse this site from work, so please don't post any images (either inline or as your avatar) that could be considered rude or offensive.
- Don't abuse BBCode. Posting a message in mile-high purple letters might seem amusing at the time, but we can guarantee the result will not be as readable as you would like. BBCode is there to help you emphasise specific points. It is not a new artistic medium.
- Don't go too far off topic. Tangents are fine, but please don't take over a thread about Medieval Gothic Architecture to talk about your pet cat called Fluffy. Thanks.
- Please do not post material of a sexual or salacious nature. Any material of this nature will be removed as TVCatchup is not a forum dedicated for this purpose.
Quick, Simple, and Trustworthy TVCatchup's Forums respect your privacy. All information you provide us with is completely confidential. We will not resell, or trade your personal information with any other parties. That includes your name, email address, private posts, or any other personal details.
- Please do not offer legal advice or make broad interpretations about your understanding of the law. We have several qualified lawyers on our team and nothing annoys us more than someone making broad statements about the law that could be construed as inciting, promoting or provoking an illegal act. Such activities are contentious and attract the wrong kind of attention.
We do not collect any non-personal identification information nor we do not collect any personally identifiable offline contact information.
We will not use any outside company to display targeted advertisements based on your personal information.
Admin and all moderators of TVCatchup's Forums who have access to your personal information are required to keep the information strictly confidential and are not permitted to use this information for any other purpose than to ensure that the TVCatchup's Forums website meets the highest standards and follows social norms.
TVCatchup.com has adequate security measures to protect against misuse, alteration, and loss of your personal information or forum messages.
IMPORTANT: As soon as a message is placed in any of the TVCatchup.com forum system, you are granting a full soft license to the site to use it at its own discretion. You understand that any possible action to delete or edit a post is in the sole discretion of the TVCatchup's Forums administrators.
Neither the Hosts of this site nor the Owners/Staff accept responsibility for the content of posts made by members of these forums nor for the validity of the information contained in them. These Forums are monitored but we cannot guarantee total coverage of every forum section at all times. If you have an issue regarding a post made by a user on these forums then please contact a member of the Admin or Moderating Team.
Welcome and enjoy your stay.
Thanks to the Moderators for their hard work in compiling these