TVCatchup's Football Prediction Game 2011/2012.
Anyone can play so please join in the fun and put your prediction skills/luck to the test.
Here are the rules
Each player has to give three predictions for each league BEFORE the first scheduled matches of the whole week, which will run from Saturday to Friday .
We will post the scheduled prediction choices one week before, so that will give you plenty of time to choose your predictions. This season we will be starting when the Premier league starts on Saturday the 13th August. Some other leagues have/will already be under way.
Three score win ( so no draw predictions please ) predictions from *each league, no more, no less.
Each league is from:
* The English Premiership
* Scottish Premiership
* The Championship
* Division 1
* Division 2
For each league chose one of your 3 games as a * star perfect prediction as if this is correct, then the score will be doubled. This only apples to point 1. below:
1. A perfect score win prediction (the winner AND the result) = 5 points.
2. A good score win prediction (the winner) = 3 points.
3. A good 'number of goal' prediction (if you predicted the team would win 2-0, and they eventually lose 2-3) = 1 point.
4. A bad prediction = 0 point.
5. Even if you made a prediction of 2-1 and it was a draw 1-1 this = 0 points, because the game is about predicting win scores.
Example: (Sorry to any Bolton fans)
I predict that Bolton Wanderers will beat Liverpool 3-0 lol (farcical)
* If they win 3-0, it's a perfect prediction, 5 points. (Coughs and splutters)
* If they win 2-1, it's a good prediction, 3 points. (Viable)
* If they lose 3-4, it's a good 'number of goal' prediction, 1 point.
* If they lose 0-1, it's a bad prediction, 0 point. (More realistic)
* If they draw 0-0 there are no points awarded as this is only for a score prediction.
Occasionally there will be a cancellation due to for example, snow or other reasons.
If there is reasonable time the member will be contacted and asked to make another choice, if the game is cancelled on the match day then the member will be awarded 1 point as compensation.
At any point in the season anyone can enter the game, and they will be given a score that is 5% below the last person who has played every round in the season.
The results will be posted on the TVC Games Site which is run by Happycabbage and can be found here ----> http://www.happycabbage.co.uk/TVCThe football game is currently being updated by Happycabbage/myself and will be up and running by the time week 1 kicks off.
I hope that has covered it all, any problems or suggestions please pm Breadfan or myself.
Weekly predictions can be made here---> http://forums.tvcatchup.com/showthre...5380#post65380