Hi, some members are having issues with TVCatchup being blocked on the Chrome browser.
The problem is that it is very sporadic and only affects some users and this is the reason why it is so hard to pin down the issue, so we need your help in identifying a common cause/pattern for the issue.
What we want you to do is to debug Chrome in playing a channel and see what the debug says, and I have made a little video to help you and show you how to do it.
I know I will win no oscars for this and the video is a little broken due to interference, so if any of you tech guys out there wish to make a better one I will gladly bow to a better version, but it gives the basic ideas of how to debug a channel in Chrome.
"""'It is important that you also answer a few questions please:"""
- What version of Chrome our you using? (click the spanner and then 'about to find this info)
- What operating system are you using, Win7/Vista/XP, Mac, (what build) Linux (what build)
- What antivirus program are you running
- Do you have any adblocker on your system
- Any other information you feel is relevant
Please give as as much information as possible so we can try and understand what is happening.
Thank you for your time and help in this as hopefully if we get enough information then we can get to the bottom of why this is happening.
If you have adblock installed then read this thread http://forums.tvcatchup.com/showthre...ing-Resolution
If you don't want to help then just use another browser for the time being until we work out what is causing the issue.
Chrome has been problematic for some users and we really cannot workout why as it seems that they are blocking adverts somehow therefore not allowing the streams to work.
This only seems to be limited to a small amount of users which perplexing in itself and some users have got round this by rolling back to an older version of Chrome http://www.oldapps.com/google_chrome.php
How to disable auto update in Chrome
As soon as we identify the issue we will inform people on here.PHP Code:
Type about:plugins into the address bar, and disable Chrome Update.
Hope that helps.
Updates are made for a reason to enhance usability and other features, so we are only suggesting this as a temp workaround