Facebook Google+ Twitter
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: New XBMC Plugin with EPG function.

Default New XBMC Plugin with EPG function.

Well, with a lot of work from a lot of people here we go, a TVC Plugin for XBMC with EPG integration.

Okay, to make things easier I have created the TVCatchup Official Repository available FROM HERE!!!.
    Install it then you can get the plugins and any updates easily

Thanks must go to Tommy aka twinter(Over at the XBMC forums) for his original TV Guide plugin that made this possible, Sean aka spoyser for all his help with the code and Arkane for all the shiny new logos done especially for this

Instructions.

If you haven't already done so, you'll need to upgrade your XBMC build to one of the Eden builds. If you need help then click below.
    head over to http://xbmc.org and download yourself a copy and install it. At the moment the best Windows Build is http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win...0-Eden_RC2.exe

1. Download the zip file from above and install using the "Install from zip" option by going to system > Add-ons > install from zip file. Once installed, still within the Add-ons menu choose "Get Addons" > TVCatchup's XBMC Add-ons > Program Add-ons > TVCatchup. Please note the new add-on will appear in the "Programs" section of XBMC, not Video).

*** Some versions of XBMC aren't picking up the contents of the Repo. The easiest thing to do in this case is go here and download the zip directly. If you find that it says Dependencies not met then just download the zip from here and unzip it in your xbmc/addons folder. ***

2. Once you've installed the plugin, go into the "Programs" section of XBMC and go down to TVCatchup, but don't open it yet, instead press C and choose "Addon Settings"

On the first tab you can choose how many hours you want displayed at one time, How long before a program starts you want to be notified and how long you want the reminder displayed. You can also tell the plugin to download the listings manually. Once you've tweaked anything here, next you need the TVCatchup Settings Tab.

3. Enter your Username and Password in the relevant boxes, then choose the Quality of the stream you want to use and your preferred ITV region. (Please note, this is only for the guide data and doesn't affect your stream choice. (Yet.)

4. Now if you don't want all of the channels available to be listed, then click on the TVCatchup Channels Tab and just untick the ones you don't want.

5. Click on OK and you should be ready to go.

The first time you open the plugin it MAY take a couple of minutes as it loads downloads all the new Guide Data.

Once loaded though, you move around the guide using the Direction Keys and use Page UP/Page DOWN to move through the pages.

If you select a program in green, it will open the stream for you, but if you select a program in the future the plugin will ask you if you want to set a reminder.

Enjoy, and please post in THIS thread if you have any issues.

If you're trying to install this on an ATV this may help.
    Last edited by dj_gerbil; 25-02-2014 at 11:11 AM. Reason: To make the download link easier to find
    For a free Open Source Media Center Solution for Windows, Linux and Mac check out XBMC

The home for TVCatchup's XBMC plugin is in the Official TVCatchup Repository. Download it Here

If you're having trouble with any of our plugins please visit here and submit your log to help us fix it.

The home for TVCatchup's Microsoft Media Center plugin is Here

Default Instructions For Use (plus loads of screen shots)

We've got some Theme's for our plugin.
    We've got a new DefaultDefault (With Green Boxes)
    BlueBlue Alt
    LimeOcean
    RainbowRed

You can choose which theme you want through the settings.

There's a Help screen, this can be accessed either by pressing H or the Help button in the Context menu.

Talking of the Context menu, this can be brought up by pressing C on the keyboard, Right Clicking on a program or a Two Finger Tap on touch screen devices. (Make sure you've got the Mouse Control and Touch Screen settings switched on in the settings)

There is Additional Information available on programs, including the Episode number, Cast List, whether its a repeat etc. This can be brought up by pressing "Additional Info" in the Context menu, pressing I on the keyboard or pressing Info on your remote.

It can also be brought up whilst a stream is playing.

There are 8 symbols in the info panel, these are:
    Black and White
    Deaf Signed
    Film
    New Series
    Première
    Repeat
    Subtitles (This isn't relevant as they don't work)
    Widescreen

There is a Search function. If you're using a Mouse or a Touch Screen device, just press Search in the Context menu.

Each search is also available by pressing a key on the keyboard.
    Press F to search for a word/phrase within the Title or Description.

Press N to display what's on Now.

Press R for a list of Repeats of current program (based on title and episode).

Press T to search similar to current program (based on title).

Press G to List all films.

As you can see from the context menu you can set reminders for future events. There are a number of options here, you can either have a small Notice that comes up in the corner of the screen (Depending on the Skin you use). There is also the option of a popup that will appear in the middle of the screen, even if you're already watching something.

There is also the option to have XBMC send you an email when a program is about to start.

All of these are configurable from within the settings menu.

While a stream is playing you can press PageUp/PageDown to change channels, press any of the Direction keys to bring up the On Screen Display.

If you press BackSpace on the keyboard or Back on your remote you can return to the guide and keep the channel playing in the corner.

Last edited by dj_gerbil; 03-10-2013 at 04:21 PM.
    For a free Open Source Media Center Solution for Windows, Linux and Mac check out XBMC

The home for TVCatchup's XBMC plugin is in the Official TVCatchup Repository. Download it Here

If you're having trouble with any of our plugins please visit here and submit your log to help us fix it.

Sad man with no other home but TVC :0)

For those on Linux, you may, for some unknown reason, need to quit after installing in order to make the plugin run, certainly that has been my experience

Cheers for that Jason

Sad man with no other home but TVC :0)

Ah, just noticed a bug, BBC Red Button channel is not selectable, it doesn't say "No EPG data" so there is nothing to click on.

Installed working well - one thing just finished watching American dad on BBC3 it is displayed in 4:3 - does the setting 'display 4:3 video as' not do anything in this?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?34fk24

That's because there is guide data, its just the RT forgot to put close

Quote Originally Posted by skint5 View Post
    Installed working well - one thing just finished watching American dad on BBC3 it is displayed in 4:3 - does the setting 'display 4:3 video as' not do anything in this?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?34fk24
    BBC 3 broadcast it in 16:9 with the black bars, you could try the crop black bars in the video options but i'm not sure if it'd help

Quote Originally Posted by dj_gerbil View Post
    BBC 3 broadcast it in 16:9 with the black bars, you could try the crop black bars in the video options but i'm not sure if it'd help
    I'm sure that worked with the old version. Just noticed i didnt have the black bar reduction turned on. I'll try it next time it's on. thanks for you quick feedback.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zt3dyc

Quote Originally Posted by skint5 View Post
    I'm sure that worked with the old version. Just noticed i didnt have the black bar reduction turned on. I'll try it next time it's on. thanks for you quick feedback.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zt3dyc
    No probs, that's what I'm here for

+ Reply to Thread