Facebook Google+ Twitter
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HD, well it ain't Great is it?

Default HD, well it ain't Great is it?

Now first off, NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH STREAMING QUALITIES lol!

But HD, hi-def viewing, as an end product, well.... it's pretty rubbish really isn't it!

In context, I have been using hi-end graphics cards for at least 10 years and therefore always getting the maximum readable resolution out of a screen! So suddenly HD TV comes along and everyone loves it... but I'm thinking, I've been watching TV upscaled to better resolution for longer than CRT widescreen has been available!!

Then I get to thinking about how true 3d and full HDx2/HDx3* has existed for more than 50 years, and I have to ask. How sad is your life if you get excited by a 1080p TV?

* 50 years ago 'full hd' as we know it was already easily achievable. double, even triple, resolution was possible 35 years ago.
    Last edited by Belladonic; 20-03-2012 at 08:19 PM.
    "When the debate is lost, SLANDER becomes the tool of the loser"

I am not a fan of the "HD" bandwagon. Its the content that counts to me and with the odd US shows "back in the day" I watched some awful quality crap. I still enjoyed it.

I got a HD Movie from Sky Movies and played it on HD TV. Could not see the peoples faces in the dark scenes! .. "But it was Higher Quality Dark black scene" lol. Or Eastenders - no matter what quality I watch it in - its crap.

BUT.. Have you ever thought that you and I just like winging?
    Adam H
    " You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment. "

That's what 'they' would have us believe H4U!! We are the sensible ones!

Admin & TVCatchup Staff TVC_Colwal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TVC_H4U View Post
    I am not a fan of the "HD" bandwagon. Its the content that counts to me and with the odd US shows "back in the day" I watched some awful quality crap. I still enjoyed it.

I got a HD Movie from Sky Movies and played it on HD TV. Could not see the peoples faces in the dark scenes! .. "But it was Higher Quality Dark black scene" lol. Or Eastenders - no matter what quality I watch it in - its crap.

BUT.. Have you ever thought that you and I just like winging?
    Quote Originally Posted by Belladonic View Post
    That's what 'they' would have us believe H4U!! We are the sensible ones!
    Nutters
    Tell us why you use TVCatchup and how? http://alturl.com/f88tv
    ☑ Saddam Hussein ☑ Osama Bin Laden ☑Muammar Gaddafi ☐ Bashar al-Assad ☐ JustinBieber ☐ One Direction ☑ JLS

Says Mr Tickle

I have bad eye sight so all these new high quality things are completely lost on me. Plus my fingers were burnt with Betamax. By far a superior method of recording again and again on a tape but that was it. Content is far more important than quality.

Saying that I was watching Sherlock Holmes the other day on t.v. and the blue screening looks terrible but I can not remember it being as bad when I watched in the cinema. CGI stuff has really spoilt things in the last few years. I prefer small plastic models on a miniature stage as somehow it looks more realistic.

Sad man with no other home but TVC :0) 37408's Avatar

to be honest, i dont care for HD myself. costs more on the product so to me is just a money con really, why would you want it more better and waste money for better when normal quality is good enough...there isnt much of a change between HD and normal only a sharper picture and does nothing for me or most people but empty their wallets.
    give me a normal pre-HD portable/video combi anyday

Quote Originally Posted by tacoben View Post
    I prefer small plastic models on a miniature stage as somehow it looks more realistic.
    Dont worry, Red Dwarf is coming back soon.

lol. Got to laugh at these Anti-HD comments, I think we all agree its not worth the money but better quality is better at the end of the day.
    Adam H
    " You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment. "

I think it ain't rubbish. It is good, it makes viewing much better
    Last edited by Adarsda; 04-04-2012 at 04:22 PM.

SD on 120" screen really doesn't look too friendly, if I can avoid it I will as all my new content is 720 at least otherwise it goes a touch block, especially if someone is watching sports on it.

+ Reply to Thread