Facebook Google+ Twitter
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Macbook

Default Macbook

right guys from saturday or monday i will have my brand new white macbook (aluminium are pretty nasty so i just upped the ram on the white one ) im just wondering what programs you reccomen and the first things i should do with it as im completely new to osx and do plan on eventually leanrning how to make iphone apps but any other ideas
    heres a image of the macbook so much better than aluminium but i just prefer plastic
    Isaac Asimov:The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" ("I found it!") but rather "hmm....that's funny..."

ahhhhh get the aluminium one... my mate has it, its a beauty! but i guess its your prefrence

you might wanna try programs like apperture 2, iwork, office for mac etc.
    Intel Centrino 2 (Core2 Duo P8400), 4Gb RAM, 320 Gb HDD, Draft N Wifi, Running Windows 7 & Vista Dual Boot & iPhone (desperately wanting a TVC app)

Do a full system update before you install anything, there where a few issues when it was first realised, but the latest updates have fixed all that i have come across (bought my Macbook when they first released Leopard).

I think you should have waited until 8th of June to buy your MacBook, as this is when the Apple WWDC will take place. Should be announcing when the new OS is released, code named Snow Leopard, supposed to be before Windows 7. Which is out, I think, June next year.

Top Free Mac Apps:
    • MainMenu - Great cleaning program
    • Cyberduck - FTP, SFTP, WebDAV
    • Paintbrush - Like MS Paint
    • VLC - Great all round video player
    • Spotify - Stream music free and legally
    • PCSX - Play Playstation 1 Games
    • Flip4Mac - WMV codec for Quicktime
    • DivX - DivX Codec for Quicktime
    • Boxee - Great open source media centre
    • Stuffit Expander - Unzipping RAR files
    • TinkerTool - For system tweaking
    • Hide Folders - Hides files
    • Window 7 - Dual boot using Boot Camp (Win 7 available free off the MS website)
    • AppCleaner - When deleting applications it also finds anything related to it.
    • TVC Desktop App - I'm sure you know what that is
    • OpenOffice - Similar to MS Office with fewer features

Yeah i cant wait till the 8th June new iPhone, new screen on the macbook and looks like a new operating system... i might actually have to buy a mac aswell as the new iphone.
    Intel Centrino 2 (Core2 Duo P8400), 4Gb RAM, 320 Gb HDD, Draft N Wifi, Running Windows 7 & Vista Dual Boot & iPhone (desperately wanting a TVC app)

yeh ive seen a aluminium one (mate has one) i just really dont like them thanks for the ideas keep um coming
    Isaac Asimov:The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" ("I found it!") but rather "hmm....that's funny..."

By the way not that i am condoning stealing in any way, when purchasing your software but i would like to inform/remind you that mac software does not generally have such strict copy protection procedures as those windows users are endowed with ;]

Yeah im sure they cost you a bomb ;] If you want a hand with Adobe CS4 gimme a PM its easier on PC's (to install obviously, nothing else) but i got it working on my mates MB in about 5 minutes.

pm sent nd thanks matee youve gave me some interesting info

This would all be fully licensed software, I expect.
    TVC Administration
    ☑ ITV ☑ Chan 4 ☑Chan 5 ☑ SKY/BSB ☑ ABU QATADA ☐ COMMON SENSE

Distinguished friend of TVCatchup marcy's Avatar

itoner is good if you have an iphone as well... any ringtone!
    Mac the Ripper for movies... then Toast for burning
    I really love Comic Life by Plasq too!
    Have fun Josh

+ Reply to Thread