All day this service hasn't worked. It goes to load the channel but no ad starts to play as it usually does, it just says checking services, please wait... Nothing happens.
Same happening to me. Black screen that says checking services please wait with nothing else happening.
I don't see why I should need to download a different browser when it's always worked (Internet Explorer) before.
I know this is a free service, it's great and I use it everyday, but as you've said in other threads, you need to know what the bugs are before you can fix them.
rainbowflick the need to download a different browser is to get it to work for you, something with your internet explorer is causing a conflict for instance - on my IE it works fine. It also helps establish if its an IE (software issue) or something else. If it dont work in FF and IE we know to move on.
We can look at what the cause could be, such as:
- Can you please visit http://supportstats.info to establish if their is any issue their. Reply with the ticket id.
- Can you please visit http://speedtest.net and reply with the image for speed and ping tests.
- Have you tried clearing your "Temporary Internet Files and Cache" as you said it worked before maybe you cached something "bad" causing conflicts. Clearing files will result in a fresh view of TVCatchup and re-download our player etc..
- What is the setting on your Flash Players "Local Storage" (right click on player, click settings).
- Have you tried turning off your computer AND internet router, for over 5 minutes to ensure a fresh connection.
On Internet Explorer though, Id really not recommend it. The new one is nice looking though will give them that.
Edit: Ranbowflick - I believe you are using a VPN to access the website. You are not using a mainstream ISP for sure.
We block VPN access due to regional restrictions required for us to operate legally.
If its an office and not blocked then its likely the ports are blocked maybe.
" You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment. "